Monday, July 2, 2007

What's in a name?

Just got back to Blighty after a much-needed, thank-goodness-it’s-all-over holiday. I suppose I should now shut up. Or rename this blog.

I began it not long after New Year’s Eve. We were at a Wild West murder mystery evening with friends. When the daughter’s boyfriend rang the mobile just after midnight, my husband asked him if he could call back later as we were just about to learn whodunnit.

To his credit the boyfriend didn’t take this the wrong way. Particularly since it turned out that he hadn’t called to wish us Happy New Year. He wanted to ask if he could propose to our daughter.

When I started Mother of the Bride I thought it would have a shelf life of at least a year. But the happy couple’s decision to bring the wedding forward means I have gone from one persona to another in just six months.

And I’m not sure I like the sound of Mother-in-Law half as much.

1 comment:

MummyFran said...

Just to say you have inspired me, as another MOB to have a go at blogging - and if ever I figure out how to get it online, I will! Not sure how I came across your great blog exactly but every time I logged on I was googling 'mother of the bride' and - in time - I came across yours. And added it to my favourites.
Our wedding is in 5 wks 4 days.
Best wishes